Thursday, February 14, 2013

Things that made me smile today

1. We went on a walk and stopped at a construction site.  Watching my son watch big trucks is true entertainment. 
2. On said walk, we saw an emerald green hummingbird flitting to and fro among the leaves of a stately eucalyptus tree.  Beautiful.
3. This photo (on nights when Jerry works late and the kids go to bed early, I sit here perusing old photo files to keep from feeling too lonely):
4. At the zoo today (yes, we spent a lot of time out of the house today, hooray), my son shared his snacks/lunch generously with a little friend he met there.  I remember reading in the nursery manual awhile back that "kids under the age of 3 yrs. don't have the emotional maturity to understand sharing," or something like that.  And now that Mr. Lo is three years old, I am actually seeing the "sharing capability" unfold.   Effortlessly.  Almost. 
5. "Bruce Willis," Jerry's new nickname for baby girl Ro.  We shaved her head a couple days ago and I'm appalled how much less cute she became instantly.  *sigh* I'd been so bugged by her bald spots prior to the hair cut...but anyway, I love my sweet Husby's take on it. 

4 comments:

Anna said...

We shaved Wesley's hair this week. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but it still hurt a little!

It'll be okay. It'll grow back. <3

Valerie said...

Missing those grandies! That photo cracks me up!

Spring said...

Such a cute picture of the balls and your cute tummy! Your sweet baby girls is so beautiful! And I remember reading that in the nursery manual too and thinking, "Yes!! I'm so glad they said that!" So cute watching them change physically and emotionally.

Unknown said...

I always hate cutting Landon's hair. It makes me sad. Good thing hair grows back! And I'm sure Ro's hair will grow in cuter than ever!