Friday, April 2, 2010

hee hee

I have always wanted to do one of those tricky April Fool's meals in which dessert looks like the main course, and the main course resembles dessert, etc.


So I sort of pulled it off yesterday. It helped that lately I have been leaving random Easter dessert projects on the kitchen table, so this batch of cupcakes did not look too out-of-the ordinary. Jerry came home from work and said something like, "We're having cupcakes for dinner?" Then he went and started rummaging through the refrigerator to see what his other options were. He insists he actually believed they were cupcakes for a moment. But the scent of meatloaf and mashed potatos in the air must have triggered his realization of my foolery.
And for the dessert/veggie trick, I found that green Sixlets candies look somewhat like fresh peas--at least, until they get placed side-by-side.

4 comments:

Allison said...

How fun and clever!

Valerie said...

Cute trick!

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

What a funny idea! I'd never heard of it before. I'll have to try it!

Kristen said...

What a great idea! Don't tell my hubby so I can pull it on him next year. :)