Monday, May 11, 2009

One last mother item

In church yesterday, all the women received a long-stemmed rose in observance of Mother's Day. Jerry picked out a lovely multi-hued pink one for me, and then after church one of the counselors in the bishopric encouraged me to take a couple more--apparently there were a lot of extras. So I selected two more roses, and a couple pieces of leather leaf from the pile.

After plopping the stems in the only vase we own, the arrangement still looked a little bare, even with the added leather leaf. So sweet Husby and I trekked around the neighborhood in search of additional greenery. We only clipped a few stems from willing, wayward bushes (certainly not from anyone's yard!) and I was pleased to see that one of the bushes even resembled baby's breath. Though my sister--the professional floral designer--might cringe at the lopsided appearance of this bouquet, I am content with it. Freshly cut flowers are frivolous but joyful things.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

*Completely off topic of the post...

One other thing I can loan you is my breastpump,which comes in handy even if you are a stay-at-home mom. It is something that you REALLY don't want to go "thrifty" with( If you shop for one you'll notice a huge divide when it comes to prices) - the expensive ones are more expensive for a very good reason!

Anyway, I invested in a high-quality one and would be happy to loan it if you're interested.