Thursday, July 1, 2010

Random Sampler

A couple funny new things about Lo that I don't have pics or videos for, but figured I'd post anyway to make sure it gets recorded. Just this morning he started head bobbing to a song or rhythmic speech. Pretty cute. I was saying the "Charlie Chaplin went to France, to teach the ladies how to dance" rhyme when Lo first started to bob his head. Then I tried out a bunch more songs and rhymes and he kept doing it in time to the beat.

Second cute thing: yesterday at Walmart I made the customary swing by the goldfish, and normally Lo doesn't show much reaction to them of any kind--positive or negative--but this time he showed definite horror. It was hilarious; he shuddered with his whole body, frantically started waving his arms, wailed and tried to get away. Darlene, remember when Brooklyn did something similar?? I wonder if it is some kind of milestone. Lo certainly didn't fear fish a week ago, but suddenly something clicked in his awareness I guess.

Another development (this one scary for ME) is the discovery of our STAIRS!! His highlight of the day yesterday was playing on the stairs (with me holding onto him of course). He practiced going up and down...and made a beeline for the stairs a few times when I took my eyes off him for a second while we were in the living room.

Lastly, walking along furniture. He is pretty unsteady and doesn't do more than a few steps at a time, but can move along half the couch to reach something he sees. Also he is able to get down from sitting on the couch pretty effectively going feet first. But I still keep my hands nearby to "spot" him when he tries that trick.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Delightful post --we love our little Lo!