- Makes alternating "aaa" and "goo" sounds. Jerry says he is saying "Al Gore." hmmm. This cooing occurs in a conversation pattern if another person talks back--he coos, waits, listens to adult talk, then coos again. Brings sunshine to my soul to hear his cutie communication attempts.
- Purposefully engages people with smiling; smiles at inanimate objects if they appear interesting to him
- Grabs toy and brings to mouth (also sucks on his hands a lot to self-soothe)(yay for that because he still isn't fond of binkies as hard as we have tried to make him like them)
- Head turns to look at noises (blender terrifies him, but the vacuum is ok)
- Can lift shoulders and head while on tummy--maintains position for several minutes and is able to look around a bit in this pose
- Rolls from back to tummy (if on a soft surface like our pillow-top mattress)
- Still knows how to take a bottle! We'd stopped having him take one for a couple weeks and I worried he might have lost the skill, so a couple days ago we whipped one out of the freezer, and then again gave him a bottle last night. He likes any nipple regardless of what it is made of, as long as there is milk coming out. =)
We are really rejoicing in our posterity. Parenthood gets more fun everyday, and also a little more challenging as Little's needs grow in complexity. If he was crying, we used to be able to say "he either needs food or a diaper change" and be correct 99% of the time. But now he cries and it takes a few minutes sometimes to figure out what he wants. For instance, sometimes he just wants to be put in an upright position, propped against a couple pillows, so he can look around better. Or sometimes he wants to be cuddled. He has definite emotional and social needs beyond the basic physical care. I hope we can keep giving him our best.
And that's the 2 month rundown.